Scottish Country Dance events take place globally and you can find many of these listed on the RSCDS Global Dance Listings page. The RSCDS events page has a link to the global list and highlights the “Big 4” events organised by RSCDS HQ: Summer School in St Andrews, Winter School in Pitlochry, the Spring Fling, and Autumn Gathering.
Closer to home, the SCD Events in Scotland site has a comprehensive list of events in Scotland.
Some nearby clubs and branches that run events frequented by Dunfermline dancers include the following.
- RSCDS Clackmannanshire run regular Thursday night dances in the Cochrane Hall in Alva over the summer months.
- RSCDS Edinburgh run numerous classes, hold an annual ball, and a variety of dances throughout the year. Check out their events page for details of their own dances and some events from the Dunedin Dancers.
- RSCDS Stirling host regular dances in Bridge of Allan on Saturday nights over the summer. They also run dances during the autumn/winter terms – dances on the sprung wooden floor in the Victoria Hall (Dunblane) or the Burns Night Dance in the Albert Halls (Stirling) are not to be missed!
- RSCDS Perth and Perthshire hold summer dances on Tuesday evenings in the Douglas Institute (Scone), in spring these are preceded by classes where you can practice some of the dances that come up on the summer programmes. Keep an eye out for the Perth Ball, running every other year, this is very popular and sells out quickly!
- Edinburgh’s Atholl Scottish Country Dance Club hold weekly dances on Tuesday evenings from mid-September until mid-May. Music is usually provided by a three piece band led by Iain MacPhaill with programmes devised by the club members.
- Stirling Castle Club hold dances on alternate Saturday evenings in Bridge of Allan over the winter months.
- Trinity Scottish Country Dance Club also hold dances on alternate Saturday evenings from September until May. Usually Trinity and the Castle Club are on alternate Saturdays – when there is a date clash, difficult decisions must be made!
- Linlithgow Scottish Country Dance Club hold Wednesday and Friday night classes. Some Friday night dances include live music – check their calendar for details.